GILIMANUK FERRY PORT
– All Details to Know About Gilimanuk Ferry Seaport –
WHAT IS GILIMANUK PORT?
Gilimanuk Ferry port is a port positioned in the west of Bali, Indonesia, exactly in the area of Melaya, Jembrana, about 3 hours from Denpasar. For one reason people come to Gilimanuk: to the port for ferries to and from Banyuwangi (Ketapang) in Java. Ferries run every 20 minutes, 24 hours a day and take about half an hour to make the crossing, although loading and unloading can take much longer.
Since the Bali bomb, security is much tighter at Gilimanuk than it used to be and you should be prepared for some long queues. People from Java should be ID checked by security and asked what purpose comes to Bali.
ETHNIC STYLE GATE AT GILIMANUK PORT
WHEN THE BEST TIME TO VISIT GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOUR?
WHEN YOU SHOULD NOT VISIT GILIMANUK FERRY PORT?
NYEPI (DAY OF SILENCE):
- 7 March 2019
- 24 March 2020
WHERE IS GILIMANUK PORT LOCATED?
Village (Desa): Gilimanuk
Sub-district (Kecamatan): Melaya
Regency (Kabupaten): Jembrana
Province (Provinsi): Bali
About 125 km northwest of Denpasar zero kilometer or 3 hours.
About 129 km west of Ubud or 3 hours and 30 minutes.
About 132 km northwest of Kuta beach or 3 hours and 10 minutes.
About 138 km northwest of Ngurah Rai airport or 3 hours and 15 minutes.
MAP OF GILIMANUK HARBOR:
HOW TO GET TO GILIMANUK PORT?
There is a cheap public transport to get there.
From Denpasar you can use a Mini/Micro Bus from Ubung bus station to Gilimanuk port and pay about Rp45,000 – Rp55,000 depend on the bus.
Ask to the operator if you still confused. Operator will glad to give information. 🙂
*) You have to be careful when you arrive Ubung bus station. Some person will lift up the price of the bus ticket and offering to you.
HOW MUCH IS FERRY SERVICES FEE?
FERRY COST (TICKET PRICE):
IDR 8K per person.
IDR 22K for a bike and one person.
IDR 159K for a car.
HOW IS FERRY TIMETABLE?
GILIMANUK FERRY SCHEDULE:
Ferry departing every 30-40 minutes.
HOW LONG IS THE FERRY TRIP?
Normally it will takes about 30-50 minutes trip. It depend on the weather, wave condition, loading time, peak season, etc.
GILIMANUK & KETAPANG HARBOUR
MOBILE PHONE SIGNAL:
Strong signal for your smartphone.
There are some cafe inside and outside of port.
*) There is an authentic culinary from Gilimanuk called Ayam betutu (hot and spicy chicken). Chicken is boiled in a broth of local spices for up to 3 hours and wood-smoked (Betutu means smoked). It is normally served with steamed rice and plecing kangkung (hot and spicy spinach). If you are a food hunter, you should try this cuisine.
Some bathroom and toilet
*) Better bring your own tissue.
GILIMANUK FERRY SEA PORT
WHAT KIND OF PUBLIC TRANSPORT AVAILABLE IN GILIMANUK PORT?
- Bus (Inter city inter province)
- Mini/Micro Bus (Inter regency/district in Bali)
- Ferry Boat
HOW MUCH THE TRANSPORT COST/FEE?
THE BUSES ON GILIMANUK PORT
- Gilimanuk to Mengwi Bus Station = IDR 45K-55K
- Gilimanuk to Singaraja (North Bali) = IDR 45K-55K (PO. Menggala & PO. Puspa Sari)
*) The bus only accept passenger in the evening or night time only. They don’t accept the passenger in the day time seems they don’t want make a conflict with the local Micro/Mini Bus.
**) No online reservation and no timetable.
Gilimanuk to some cities in Java = Vary price
*) You have to wait near the bridge between Docs and Ferry. The bus usually stop and waiting for the available Ferry. Ask the bus crew about their destination and the prices.
2. MINI/MICRO BUS:
MINI/MICRO BUS AT GILIMANUK PORT
- Gilimanuk to Denpasar (Terminal Ubung) = IDR 40K.
- Gilimanuk to Singaraja via Pemuteran and Lovina = IDR 40K
*) The price sometime not a fixed price. It depend on the total number of passenger. If the Micro/Mini Bus full loaded, it will be cheaper. If quiet, it will be more expensive.
3. FERRY BOAT:
Gilimanuk to Ketapang Sea Port (Java):
- Person = IDR 8K
- Scooter/Bike = IDR 22K (Included the driver fee, not passenger)
- Car = IDR 159K (Included the driver fee, not passenger)
WATCH GILIMANUK PORT FROM VIDEO:
*) Gilimanuk Ferry port has one hour time difference between Ketapang Ferry port, Banyuwangi, Java. Even the distance only 5 km or 30-50 minutes trip by Ferry, it has time difference. Gilimanuk is GMT +8, Ketapang is GMT +7. You need to setting up your watch. But, no need for your smartphone.
SOME ‘SEE & DO’ NEAR GILIMANUK SEA PORT:
You can combine to visit these places when you visiting Gilimanuk Sea Port:
1. PREHISTORIC MUSEUM (500 m east of the port)
2. BETUTU SPICY CHICKEN RESTAURANT
3. WEST BALI NATIONAL PARK (3 Km east of the port)
4. MENJANGAN ISLAND
SOME RELATED POST/ARTICLE:
TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM AROUND BALI:
1. Pesiapan Minibus (Microbus) Station.
2. Mengwi Bus Station.
3. Ubung Micro/Mini Bus Station.
4. Trans Sarbagita Bus Stop/Shelter/Halte.
5. Tegal Sari Micro/Mini Bus Station.
6. Batubulan Micro/Mini Bus Station.
7. Banyuasri Bus Station.
8. Karangsokong Micro/Mini Bus Station.
9. Sukasada Micro/Mini Bus Station.
10. Bali International Airport.
11. Padang Bai Seaport/Harbor (Ferry Port).
12. Transport to Nusa Penida.
13. Transport to Bromo.
14. Transport to Ijen Crater.
15. Sanur Fast/Speed Boat Port.